Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Harvest has begun



Well I picked the green beans for the first time on Thursday.  I was also able to find the first yellow squash of the season.  To give you an idea of what we are in for, we have picked the green beans twice sinceThursday.  That is the funny thing about green beans, they just keep producing, and producing,and producing.  I have to confess that I always plant way too many beans.  I think because I like them any way you can think to fix them. 

We aren't getting enough right now to put up for winter, but we are enjoying them cooked with a little bacon and raw.  I am hoping to have enough to put quite a bit up for this winter as well as having them to enjoy now.

We picked three cucumbers, quite a few Cocozelle Zucchini, yellow squash, and beans this morning before the sun got too hot to be outside.  I will post some recipes in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment