Popular Posts

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Recipe for Concord Grape bars

Grapevine : Mature grapes in the vineyard

I had to re-arrange the house to find my recipe for these yummy treats.  I was thankful that I finally found it since my search on the internet turned up grape bars using grape jelly and jam.  I'm sure these are good but nowhere near the same.  













You will need a 9x13 cake pan for these.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees ferenheit

Pick out about 1 quart of grapes and wash them well.  In a 2 qt. sauce pan slip the skins off the grapes and place the inside and the skin in the pan together.  Heat the grapes, skins, and seeds up intil they are a thin consistency.  At this point I use my hand blender and blend everything together until the skins are part of the sauce.  After mixing together strain the seeds out of the sauce and place the sauce back into the pan and add:



1cup sugar (I use succanat)
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp cardamom

Cook this until thickened and add:

2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp butter-I don't add this

Stir in well.



In a mixing bowl add:

2 cups flour
1c brown sugar (succanat)
1tsp salt
1/2tsp b. soda
2 1/2 c rolled oats (I like to use 7 grain)
1Tbsp cinnamon

  • Mix this together and flake in 1 cup butter just until crumbly.  Add 1/2 of this mixture to the cake pan and press it down into the pan.
  • Pour the grape sauce on the middle layer and add the rest of the flour mixture to the top pressing t down into the sauce.
  • Place in oven and cook about 20 minutes until brown and bubbly.
  • Let cool and enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Let me know if  you try these and how they turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment