Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Peaches

I purchased 4 boxes of peaches through our local co-op, planning on canning most of them since we were down to our last couple of jars from last year.  I put a few in the crisper for us to eat and we canned the rest.  It is normally a family affair, when there are so many hands doing the different jobs it is done very quickly.  It is a sticky job and the juice gets everywhere.  The positive side is that the kitchen and floor were cleaned really well when we got done. Should I say that the kitchen floor hasn't been mopped in a while?






The peeps all lined up and helping.  I am so thankful that their hearts are so willing to serve their mamma, otherwise I would have been in the kitchen four times as long.  Each one of them dug right in a did their jobs with gusto.
Paige plunged peaches in hot water, brought them to the cold water in the sink, and filled the jars with honey/cinnamon water.   Connor loves peeling peaches so he peeled almost every one, Ian helped sharpen the knives and cut the peaches in sections, Rachel cut sections and filled jars.  I did a little of everything and everyone pitched in to finish and clean up.




Pheobe even helped out by laying on Paige's skirt and making it impossible for her to move.














When we finished up with the peaches, I made peach pit jelly out of the skins and pits that were left over.  I have never done this but found a recipe and it made sense not to waste the skins and pits.


No comments:

Post a Comment