Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Disaster has struck!


We had a visitor in the night.  I sneaky, diabolical, evil, murdering, turkey eating visitor.  Now we have poor Tom turkey without his mate.  He was wandering around the pasture like a lost soul calling out for his girl this morning.

I am looking out my window as I type and it looks like he is trying to be adopted in to the chicken tribe.  If you know anything about chickens you will know that he would have to go through the "pecking order" gauntlet and if he lived he might be deemed worthy of a lower perch in the coop at night.  However, with his size maybe this isn't a problem.

The boys have spent the morning devising plans to catch the "turkey eater" and string it up by it's toes.  Well, maybe they are planning something more sinister that I will not say in this post.  Personally, I don't want to risk losing our Thanksgiving dinner and want to put Tom Turkey up at night where he will be safe and secure.
The problems is where to put him.......................maybe he will have to be introduced to the freezer sooner than I thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment