Popular Posts

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Healthy and Yummy bran muffin recipe

 We made these bran muffins yesterday to take with a meal for an extended family we know that lost their son, nephew, or grandson.  It has been a sad time for them but I see the essence  of Christ in them as they walk through this.  It is things like this that make us long for heaven in all its glory.



I made extra for us and they didn't last long.  I don't mind so much since they are made with healthy ingredients.  I found the recipe on a blog called 101 Cookbooks.com and tweaked it to fit our tasted and make it a little more healthy.  The recipes on this blog are so good and good for you.  The pictures are inspiring and I find myself wanting to try every one of them.  If you get the chance you should check it out.  


Bran Muffins

2c Whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 cups bran (I used 1c bran 1/2 c wheat germ)
2 T sugar (I used succanat)
3/4tsp sea salt
1 and 1/4 tsp b. soda
2cups whole milk yogurt (I used goat milk buttermilk)
1 egg (I used 2 since ours are a little small )
1/2 cup honey
2T butter ( I used 1T coconut oil)
I put 1T cinnamon, 1/2 C Raisins, and 1/2 C Walnuts in the batter.

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl.  Combine and fold together just to mix.  Fold in raisins and nuts.  Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

I used muffin papers for most of them but using the small muffin pan found that the muffins came out fine without the papers so next time I won't use them.  These are really good warm out of the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment