Popular Posts

Friday, November 9, 2012

Fall days

We had another frost last night.  The days are marching into winter quickly now.  We have cleaned out most of our garden beds, re-planted cool season crops, and generally prepared the beds for spring.  By January I will be wistfully looking through seed catalogs and my gardening books.  We still have Swiss chard, carrots, parsley, and lettuce in the garden.  I am going to have to cover it at night very shortly to try and extend the season a bit.  I really dislike buying lettuce in the store.

We have been having in fun in the leaves from our maple tree out front.  The girl's were so inspired that they had a little photo shoot out there.


They actually took some nice pictures but this was a fun one to share with y'all.

The goats are getting fat and sassy as well as putting on thinker coats for winter.  The new pullets  or should I say hens are having fun digging through our compost on the garden.  This isn't pleasing to my husband who spread the compost and will have to get it back on the garden.

 This is Dora

 This is Jazmin or "Jazzie"



My parents came for a visit and brought apples.  We love apples around here and eat a lot of them fresh.  We also make apple sauce, apple butter, and dry them for later use as a snack.  I have been working on getting some of them dried for winter and spring eating.

We have another batch of rabbits and more on the way at the end of the month.  They are so cute when they are little, after they get fur of course.










We are going to have a stretch of weather that is in the 60's and 70's and I can't wait.  I have my list of outside chores all lined up.  The fresh fall air is so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment