Popular Posts

Monday, February 11, 2013

Grandma's Christmas Cactus



I'm making up for lost time posting today.  I wanted to share a picture of a Christmas Cactus that was my grandma's.  I inherited it when she died quite a few years ago.  I remember going to her house and admiring it, and now it is mine.  
It looks healthy but I (unlike grandma) have a hard time getting it to bloom for me.  If anyone has suggestion please help.....  This plant has survived moving to my house after grandma's death, moving to two more houses in-state and then a 800 mile move across states to our current location.  However it only ever gets a few blooms on it if it chooses to bloom at all.  
Whether it decides to bloom or not doesn't really matter to me.  What matters most is that it has memories attached to it and that I feel like I still have a little piece of grandma in my home.





No comments:

Post a Comment