Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rosewater face cream


I have been making this face cream for a few years and really love the way it makes my skin feel.  The last batch I made this fall, I shared with some friends.  They have really liked it and wanted to learn how to make their own.  I thought it would be good to post the recipe for y'all to try if you were inclined.  This particular recipe calls for rosewater that I make in the spring of each year when the roses are in bloom.  If you want to read that post it is on my blog.



This cream can be varied depending on what you want.  The oils in the recipe can be changed depending on your skin type and the essential oils can be mixed and matched depending on the scent you want to achieve or the action you want on your skin.  I use grape seed oil since it is not as "oily".

This is my recipe adapted from Rosemary Gladstar's recipe:

Rose face cream

2/3 cup rose water
1/2 cup aloe vera juice

Mix these two and keep at room temp.

Prepare the oil/beeswax by mixing the following in a sauce pan.

2/3 cup grape seed oil
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 tsp Lanolin
3/4 oz beeswax (grate and add to oils)~make sure to weigh because if you get too much your cream wont turn out.

Heat oils enough to melt the lanolin and beeswax.  Take off heat and let cool. ** This is important because the two mixtures have to be close in temp in order to incorporate together and not get separating.  Sometimes it helps to heat up the liquid by setting it in some water.  Right before mixing the oils and the liquid, add 5 vitamin e capsules (just the fluid inside) and your essential oils.  I use 10 drops bergamot, 8 drops rosewood, and 5 drops geranium bourbon essential oils to each batch.

As you incorporate the liquid into the oil use a hand blender to whip it up.  Once fully whipped, place in your containers and use.  This has kept for month out of refrigeration....but you need to make sure the containers you will be using are sterilized.  It make a pretty big batch so I do keep the extra in the refrigerator until I am ready to use it.  If it does separate on you, just mix it back together and next time try to get the temperatures equal before mixing.

Hope y'all enjoy it as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment