Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Long awaited Farm update

I just reviewed my posts to see how long it has been since I have blogged. I couldn't believe that it has been almost a year to the date.  So much has happened this last year, life has changed so much and continues to change so fast that I have to anchor myself to not get blown away by the winds whipping around me.

The major reason that I had quit blogging is because I went back to work full time to help pay tuition for three of the kids. I have now come full circle and am home full time once again, just in time to see one daughter married and moving to Memphis at the end of the month.

I can't even begin to describe the physical, emotional, or mental challenges walking through the wedding preparation.  A friend mentioned that this season is much like being pregnant...... anticipation and emotion building as the day grows near, then the desire to just get it over with and move on. Don't get me wrong here, I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle and share in her day. However, I am ready for  the new season and seeing them walk through life together.

Believe it or not, even with  the wedding, we have accomplished "normal" farm stuff this spring including goat births, pastured chickens, and a lot of garden planning and planting.  The garden is pretty much "in" as of today when I planted the sweet potatoes and some sweet corn and pumpkins. One first on the farm was Sasha our barn cat having four kittens.  They are cute running around and playing......lots of fun when the day winds down and I need to rest with a cool drink.




The kids are done with college classes until August and are able to help on the farm a bit this summer. They are doing well in school and really like learning all the new "stuff".

I am taking a Master Herbalist Course and hope to finish by next spring.  I have been making cheese and have been harvesting tons of salad greens.  We had our first batch of turnip green sauteed with garlic scapes for dinner this evening.

Life is full of surprises, life is good.




No comments:

Post a Comment