Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Meet Miss Adelaide

Introducing Miss Adelaide or Addie for short.  Miss Addie has come to live with us this week.  She is still very tiny and still a baby and she is very cute, right now.  You may be asking why we need another dog since this is what I have been asking myself as well.  

Pheobe, our white and black Cathoula that we purchased last spring has severe hip dysplasia which was diagnosed when she was 6 months old.  We called the breeder and asked for a refund or a replacement since Pheobe was so bad.  This was Rachel's "I sold my horse and want to purchase a puppy" money so we felt very bad for her thinking that she purchased this puppy and we would have to put her down in the near future.

The breeder offered us pick of the litter with the next litter.........so here we are with three (yes three) dogs.  Pheobe is still with us and will be for a while yet.  She has good days and some bad days.  Mostlly when she goes out and runs around a lot the day before.

Did I mention that Addie will be guarding our goats one day.  That is what I keep saying but I'm not sure that anyone is listening.  Meanwhile she is settling in and starting to let Phoebe know who is boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment